Handling data with care and delivering a positive experience for our customers is paramount at SAP Concur. To ensure an appropriate level of data security and good customer experience, all apps that integrate and appear in the App Center go through our App Review process.
NOTE: This only applies to developers who are building an integration across multiple clients (that is, an app that would appear in the App Center or TMC integrations). SAP Concur clients who are using these APIs for interaction with their own data do not need to go through certification.
Get Started on Your API Review
Start with an overview of the whole process: API documentation. Consider these three integration scenarios:
- Develop an application for the SAP Concur App Center. This requires a signed Partner Agreement, review the information on the Build App Center Solutions page.
- Develop an application as a SAP Concur client (or for a client). The client must purchase the Client Web Services SKU and their administrative support contact would open a case through our support portal.
- Develop an application as a TMC/reseller, contact us.
Once you choose the desired path and the relevant contract is in place, you will be assigned a technical resource to guide you through the corresponding process. The process includes gaining access to a Professional Edition and/or Standard Edition sandbox depending on the above scenario. The sandbox will allow you to validate your integration during development.
As you develop your app, your Certification Project Manager will record the exact APIs (including the version and verbs) that you will use for your application. See the requirements to pass certification in these Overview docs (including Support requirements expected of the Partner):
Note: These do not apply a Triplink app integration.
Once you complete the walkthrough demonstration(s) of your integration, you may be asked for additional information or be requested to make changes to your app integration depending on the outcome of the review.
After your app is approved, your SAP Concur App Center Listing will be reviewed before publishing in the SAP Concur App Center.
How Does App Review Work?
SAP Concur conducts an initial application and security review in the sandbox environment. For solutions that process, transmit or store sensitive information, an additional review may be conducted in our sandbox as well as your production environment.
What Does SAP Concur Specifically Review?
The App Review process includes a review of:
- Application functionality, performance, and stability
- Information management practices
- Integration and connection flows
- Set up and Support processes
- User experience, including:
- Basic overview of the application
- Integration use cases
- Connection flow to SAP Concur, including the Sign In and Sign Up pages if applicable.
- Sample action and output the user or SAP Concur company administrator should expect after connecting or enabling the app.